We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the laboratory of Florian Grebien at the Institute for Medical Biochemistry at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna as a Technical Assistant.
You will be part of a young and motivated international team of scientists working on molecular mechanisms of cancer development. As such, your duties will include tasks in laboratory organization, including management of equipment and general technical support. Furthermore, you will be able to strengthen your skillset in in a wide range of wet lab techniques by contributing to specific research projects in the group. You will have the opportunity to gain insights into our multidisciplinary research environment, which features a blend of Proteomics, Next Generation Sequencing, CRISPR/Cas9- and drug screening, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology as well as work with animal models of cancer. Furthermore, participation in group meetings and progress reports of the institute will improve your communication skills and deepen your knowledge in cancer biology.
- Master’s degree in the life sciences or similar qualification
- Profound training and advanced knowledge in biology, molecular biology or chemistry
- Previous experience in laboratory work in academia or industry
- Previous experience with cell culture, biochemistry and molecular biology is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (both English and German) are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a teamplayer mindset
- Reliability, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The possibility to learn innovative cutting-edge techniques in molecular cancer research
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure in a highly collaborative setting
- A meaningful job in medical, patient-relevant research
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Work at the beautiful campus of the University for Veterinary Medicine Vienna
- Flexible working hours
Duration: The position is limited for one year from the starting date, with the possibility for extension
Salary will be paid according to FWF guidelines
Start: The starting date is flexible, but not later than June 2023.
Application: Please submit a letter of motivation, a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as reference letters and contact details of at least two suggested referees.
Contact: DI Gabriele Manhart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Information: https://grebienlab.com/ and https://www.vetmeduni.ac.at/medbiochemie